Re: black gambusa (BOUNCE nfc at actwin_com: Non-member submission)

From: "Darren and Sharon Gill" <dsgill at email_msn.com>
To: <nfc at actwin_com>
Subject: Re: black gambusa
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:14:22 -0500

I used to live on a spring fed lake in Orlando, FL where I regularly
found
melanistic Gambusia and I can personally attest to the fact that after
collecting hundreds of males I remember seeing ONE female so they exist
but
must be incredibly rare.  I remember that the female was more olive-tan
in
color with black mottling as opposed to the more striking
silverish-white
background on the males.  She never conceived so they may even be
sterile.