Re: Now Never returned to the wild

> Except now we have diseases from other continents introduced into North
> American rivers, streams, and lakes, like ich, which originated in Asia.
> These were via aquarium species released into the wild most likely, but any
> fish that has been kept in an aquarium that was not properly sterilized (or
> that had equipment, plants, gravel, hands, etc. that were not properly
> sterilized introduced into it) and subsequently released into nature can
> carry with it such a disease.
>
> Norm

Norm and Peter,

I have followed these discussions with great interest.  WHile I
admist the possibility exists, is there any real evidence that this
has actually happened?  Beyond speculation, that is.

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Follow-Ups: References: