Re: Florida Legislation

Yes, the user pays, but.. discouraging people from getting into the fish
hobby is only going to be detrimental in the long run.  Fish are already
an expensive commodity, especially if you include the fact thatt your
average person, new to the hobby, must replace them frequently.  The vast
majority of people won't know or care where that extra money on their fish
are going to.  ALl they'll know is tha the Neon Tetra they bought last
week cost $1.99, and this week, $2.49.

><>
J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command 'subscribe' in
                                         the body.  To leave, use
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  'unsubscribe'.
 Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998 peter.unmack at ASU_Edu wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Josh Wiegert wrote:
>
> >    Well written, and I like your ideas.  However, I tend to disagree with
> > the tax on the wholesale level of ornamental fishes.
>
> Haven't you ever heard of user pays?  Some folks have had it free in this
> country for too long.  Sure, it will raise the price slightly, but I think
> most folks would support a small increase if they knew the money was going
> directly towards a cause that benefited fish too rather than into the general
> tax hole.
>
> Cheers
> Peter

Follow-Ups: References: