RE: Idea.

grackles? I have some of these (a trio) in fact. They
re-visit my pond/stream/bog every spring. Their
activities are primarily centered on the stream although
they occasionally poke in the bog. I think they would
prefer their little feet on solid ground. Of course, if
you could train them to compete in log rolling contest,
its off to the letterman show! Mine don't seem to
bother the fish. They do eat bugs though.

Bill Edwards
Survey Research Laboratory
Arizona State University