Re: Yech. Poor birdies:-(

Josh,
	Try contacting your local audobon society. I bet someone there would have a
good idea. They are probably coming down for a bath and relize they have no
footing, but probably to late. I had a similar problem with some finches in a
greenhouse with a pond inside. The finches would drown while trying to bath.
This was despite the fact that there was plenty of footing around, plus
shallow areas, plus pond plants sticking out of the water. I eventually gave
up on the fiches. Not sure what you can do out side. Maybe try to rig up some
of the bird netting that they use for vegetables gardens and fruit trees. I
think all garden centers carry it.

Good luck,
Jeremy