NANFA Trading Post - April, 1998 Edition

North American Native Fishes Association (NANFA)
Trading Post - April, 1998 Edition
Readers are encouraged to distribute this listing  to other
electronic forums, fish clubs, individuals and others who have an
interest in North American native fishes. Member advertisements
should be forwarded to the Trading Post Editor, Dwight D. Moody.
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: dwightmoody at hotmail_com, or by regular mail to:
P.O. Box 214, East Montpelier, VT 05651.
NEW, UPDATED COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING POLICY: Commercial advertisers which
pay for display ads or Trading Post (text only) ads in American Currents
get complimentary text ads in the electronic version of Trading Post for
three (3) months for every paid ad. Text ads for publication in American
Currents are 20 cents per word. Display ads in American Currents are $40
for full page, $20 for half page, $10 for quarter page and $5.00 for
eighth page. Membership in NANFA is not required for paid advertisers.
Pass the word to potential advertisers !!!!!

Regional representatives which have ads in the
Trading Post have their name in capital letters followed by a
listing  of their region.  The Regional Representative activities
area  at the NANFA web site (http://www.nanfa.org) has additonal
information posted by the regional representatives.
NOTE: NANFA assumes that all sales or trades of native fish are done
in full compliance with applicable state and federal laws, rules and
regulations and only after obtaining any necessary permits for
collecting, maintaining, importing or exporting of native fish.
Obtaining the necessary permits from the US Fish and Wildlife
Service  and/or applicable State agencies is the sole responsibility
of the parties involved in the transaction.  NANFA does not condone
or tolerate illegal practices and encourages members to contact the
office of their state's fish and wildlife department or regional
office of the US Fish and Wildlife Service to obtain information and
applications for any necessary permits.
   COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS
  No commercial advertising for this edition.
PLEASE NOTE: the ads in the Announcements, Information
Requests or Requests for Assistance and Member Sales/Trades have a
date at the end of the message that indicates when it was first
posted.  Remember that you have to contact the Trading Post Editor
if  you want the ad to continue for another three (3) months.
ADS WHICH HAVE A DATE OF 1/98 WILL NOT APPEAR IN THE MAY TRADING POST
UNLESS A NEW REQUEST TO PUBLISH IS RECEIVED BY THE EDITOR ON OR BEFORE
April 30, 1998.  Check your ad!
ANNOUNCEMENTS
PLAN TO ATTEND: NANFA 1998 NATIONAL CONVENTION
NANFA's national convention will be held in Chattanooga, TN during
June 5-7, 1998.  Tennessee has over 300 species of fish, the
most biodiverse area in the US.  Chattanooga also features the
Tennessee Aquarium, the largest freshwater aquarium in the US,
along with a variety of historical and cultural sites.  More
information will be posted in later editions of the Trading Post and
will also be available on the NANFA discussion list. (04/98)
   INFORMATION REQUESTS OR REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE
ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR GREEN GOODEIDS-EXTINCT IN THE WILD.
Ray Ravary, 1940 Whittier, Ypsilanti, MI, 48197-1729.
Telephone #: (734) 483-2360. Email: rravary at provide_net.
I am a past member of NANFA. I had to suspend my membership due to
finances(a bloody divorce and three youngsters I want to do right by). A
year ago I bought some Green Goodieds (Xenoophorus captivus), and have
had some sucess in breeding them. These fish are supposedly extinct in
the wild, and species maintanence is very important. I would like to see
if you would allow me to run an ad so we can spread this species about
the country, minimizing the chance of its disappearance. The fish was
collected in Mexico by Professor Miller of the University of Michigan
(yes, that Dr. Miller) in the 1960's. It is found in the Detroit area
due to the efforts of Jim Langhammer and the Belle Isle Aquarium.  While
it isn't rampant in the Detroit area, it pops up now and then at a club
auction. I would be glad to trade for other fish or to donate to any
scientific or educational institution for shipping expenses. (03/98)
   MEMBER ADVERTISEMENTS:   SALES AND  TRADES
 NOTE: members who fail to reciprocate in trading will have their ads
 removed from the Trading Post and may be subject to other sanctions.

RAY WOLFF,  6510 Helke Rd. Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
(Wisconsin Regional Representative). Phone # (715) 424-0259.
ANNOUNCEMENT:  Southern Wisconsin members interested in
collecting, meeting or starting a regional newsletter please contact
me.  HAS: Fundulus lucia, Elassoma everladei pensacola, Iowa Darter,
Brook Stickleback, Central Mudminnow, Tadpole Madtom and other
midwest and southeast fish.  ALSO HAS: Information or help with
sunfish, Elassoma, or Fundulus problems, setups, whatever. WANTS:
Elassomas, with location; any killifish, native or not; Fundulus
pulverus; plants (at least somewhat aquatic); and
freshwater invertebrates.  All requests answered.  (01/98)

Phillip E. Russell, RWMC, 201 South Palm Dr., Blythe, CA 92225
(daytime work address), E-mail: russel7 at gte_net
Phone # home - (760) 921-3734, work - (760) 922-2541.
WANTS TO BUY: Heterandria formosa, Ellasoma evergladii, and
Leptolucania omata. (01/98)

John Laurent, P.O. Box 1018, Bartow, FL 33831
Email: JFRANKLAURENT at MSN_COM
WANTS: I am interested in buying and information on the following
species: Blue nose shiners, red shiners, pygmy sunfish,  flagfin &
sailfin shiners, blue spotted sunfish, orange spotted sunfish, and
rainbow darters. (2/98)

Peter Rollo, 2308 Cedar Lane, Secane, PA  19018
Phone# (610) 543-1660.  Email: prollo at juno_com
Has for sale or trade: Domestic raised Banded and Blackbanded Sunfish,
Swamp Darters and Elassoma evergladei.  Also have or expect to have the
following  African and South American killies available:  Aphyosemion
scheeli  &  Fundulopanchax  gardneri loc. N'Sukka.  Expect to have
Cynolebias whitei, Cynolebias magnificus, Cynolebias boitonei and
Nothobranchius palmqvisti later this summer as long as I get good
hatches this month.  WANTS: Wild caught H. formosa, E. evergladei, L.
goodei. (03/98)

DWIGHT D. MOODY (New England and New York regional representative)
P.O. Box 214, East Montpelier, VT  05651
Phone #: home - (802)476-0685; work (802)241-3482.
Email address: dwightmoody at hotmail_com
HAS:Hetandria formosa. ALSO HAS OR CAN GET:  a wide variety of
Vermont species between mid-April and the end of November, including
Fundulus diaphanus, fantail darters, northern redbelly dace, slimy
sculpins, trout-perch, burbot, various minnows, catfish, shiners, etc.
Collecting season is HERE!!!!! Call, write or email me if you want me to
look for something native to my area.
WANTS: southern livebearers and killifish.  Especially interested in
various Gambusia and molly species, including the Amazon molly. Please
call or email to make trading arrangements !!!!!.(04/98)
All ads will run for 3 months unless otherwise requested.   If you'd
like to add a new ad or change your existing ad on this list please
contact Dwight D. Moody, Trading Post Editor.
Email address:  dwightmoody at hotmail_com.
Regular mail address: P.O. Box 214, East Montpelier VT  05651.
email to:  nanfa-request at aquaria_net.  For more information about NANFA,
visit  our web page at http://www.nanfa.org/.