"Jeff Fullerton" <tcmajorr at westol_com>: NANFA-- A good Plant Book

From: "Jeff Fullerton" <tcmajorr at westol_com>
To: <nanfa at aquaria_net>
Subject: NANFA-- A good Plant Book
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 01:16:42 -0400

Native Fish Enthusiasts

A good reference for identifying interesting plants encountered on your
collecting trips is "Common Marsh , Underwater & Floating-leaved Plants
of
the United States and Canada" by Neil Hotchkiss - who is or was a
wildlife
Biologist at the Paxtuxent Wildlife research center in Maryland.

This is a very comprehensive field guide consisting of line drawlings and
basic text that a lay person can understand without being overwhealmed by
technical jargon and taxonomic keys.

And when I say comprehensive I mean it. Who would ever have imagined 7
different species of Milfoils or the seasonably variable nature of some
plants that are truely amphibious and lead double lives that are as
different as night and day !

Good reading if you can find it. I'm not sure where you might be able to
get this book now since my copy is over 10 years old and the book may be
out of print. But a specialty book seller. It is published by Dover in
the
US. General Publishing LTD in Canada & Constable & CO LTD in the UK.
Library of Congress # is 74-187019.

Good Nite All
Jeff
Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]