Those exotic shrimp in Oregon

Hello all,

I thought someone might find it interesting to know that the exotic shrimp
that Dan Logan and other NANFA members collected on Sauvie Island (as
detailed in a recent AC), and that I subsequently bred in a 10 gallon
aquarium, have recently started to breed in my tank again.  What I think is
really amazing about this is that there was no "wintering over" (cooler
temperatures) required.  The shrimp were exposed to room temperatures
throughout the year.  This is the same time of year that the shrimp bred
last year, so they obviously are still on a seasonal cycle.

Thanks,

Norm Edelen