bgcajun at juno_com (B G Granier): NANFA-- "Geert van Huijgevoort" <chromaphyo at pi_net>: Suggestions anyone?

From: bgcajun at juno_com (B G Granier)
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- "Geert van Huijgevoort" <chromaphyo at pi_net>: Suggestions
anyone?
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 10:46:43 -0500

Can anyone help with this question?

------- Begin forwarded message ----------
From: "Geert van Huijgevoort" <chromaphyo at pi_net>
To: "Killies Emaillist" <killies at mejac_palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Suggestions anyone?
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:40:51 +0200

Hi all,

I've just finished making a new gardenpond that contains approx. 800
Gallons of water and has a deepest point of just over 3 feet.
My intention is to put in some American Native Killies, but I need to
know
which species would be best suited. (if there are any at all)

The pond is situated on the south-side of the house and gets direct
sunlight from about 7.00 AM till about 4.00 PM. The pond is already
well-planted and also various types of Algae are already thriving like
mad.
In summer the watertemperature can get over 30 Celcius, but in winter the
pond freezes over for up to 2 months. I do not use pumps, filters or
airation.

It is my intention to leave the fishes in there all year round.

Are there any American Native Killie-species that can cope with these
circomstances, and if so, which ones?

Thanks in advance.

Geert.