Native fish news, notes and nonsense...

Pass to the list .......................

Summer news items...The Kansas Chapter is having its first annual
statewide meeting JUne 7th in Larwence ask Garold Sneegas for
details.....The BBN guys told me we can expect to hear a yes on NANFA's
grant proposal within 25 days....Ray Wolff and Cliff Zoller will make a
trip to Tennessee @May 12th to search for snubnose darters and Dollar
Sunfish.......................Your fearless leader has spawned yet again
producing a 3rd child (a boy named Ian) on April 25th................Rob
Carillio of Ohio is negotiating with the executive producers of the
Today Show to do a peice on native fishes and or NANFA.....Phill Farrell
has moved to Miami Florida giving the Miami area over 15 members (do I
hear a new region anyone)..............Our fearless email leader Norman
got his first article purchased by TFh on the Heterandria Formosa expect
to see it this fall in TFH.......Robert Rice reports that Blackbanded
Darters spawned in his outdoor pond it has a powerhead and a waterfall
details forthcoming........Robert Rice has a Blue crab living happily in
his freshwater tank and molting reguarly the said specimen was collected
in a creek feeding into the Gulf of Mexico....Dave Schleser new NANFA
member and Dallas Zoo alumni is writing a comprehensive book on North
America Native Fishes details to follow........Bill Pfliegers rewrite of
Fishes of Missourri is expected to hit the Presses by the first of
June......Konrad Schidt taped an interview with Dr. George Becker as
part of an upcoming article on a lifetime in Fisheries a great idea
others should follow with some of our senior members!!!!!!