[Prev][Index]

Re: collecting in FL

<< What is the scientific collecting permit intended for?, Who can
 obtain one? What is the cost?, is the permit for fresh, and marine,
 brackish, etc. My current procedure when confronted by officals is to
 explain what I am doing, and then agree to do any thing they request,
 whether they are right or wrong on interpreting the rules. >>

It is issued to scientist.  At times, students may obtain one if he or she is
working under a research grant.  In Florida, permitees are required to report
their planned expeditions and report all collected specimens.  Permits are
usually issued per event but on occasion, you can get them for extended
periods of time.  Florida seldom issues a permit to individuals unless he or
she can demonstrate that their intentions are purely scientific.

Florida issues these permits for all species, not just fish.

Rod