NFC: Fw: Questions on "minnows"

Help...:)

Mr Rice:

I enjoyed your article.  I have a 500 gallon pond with a waterfall in my
backyard in San Antonio, Texas.  The pond is less than one year old and I
have 12 goldfish ranging in size from 7 inches to just under 1 inch.  My
pond has been fairly healthy and stable.  My three largest goldfish
produced
offpsring twice last summer.  I know that minnows is a general term
ascribed
to many species of small fish but I'm just not sure what type of species
have acquired.  Here are my questions:
1. Did I make a mistake by placing ten 1 to 2 inch minnows in with
goldfish
(No problems for the first 3 days noted.)
2. Will they eat goldfish flakes?
3. Also I'd love to find a source for any variety of madtoms.  Any ideas
how
i could acquire some?
As you can see I'm pretty much in the dark concerning minnows but I
wanted
to try my hand at a local variety of fish.  Any help or direction you can
give is appreciated.  I can also be e-mailed at my home:
roncindav at aol_com

Ron Davis