Re: NFC: Re: Native Fish Conservancy Digest V2 #886

--- jake levi <jlevi_us at yahoo_com> wrote:
> Boo
> I dont see the 'burbs being trashed into garbage
> dumps
> at quite the same rate as the 'low cost housing
> developments'.
>
> Quoting Jesus to a Jew hardly gains any debating
> points. Try Moses.
>
> The original suggestion was to put a low cost
> housing
> development next to the wetlands. I was pointing out
> that historicaly this has hardly been productive in
> environment enrichment.
> jake
I do not know if there is a big difference about
building anything next to a marsh. Major US cities
were all built along marshes, and the marshes suffered
whether their neighbors were rich Quakers or steerage
Irish.
And I did not mean to be browbeating with a Jesus
statement. Moses apparently achieved instant upgrading
for the Jews, from slaves to settled herders. Was
Exodus about leaving the projects behind? Moses was
found in a marsh as a baby, the Egyptians had not
destroyed so much marsh then I guess.
And I hope the heron rookery is also saved.

Boo Radley, Saraland, Alabama