NFC: Re: Nominations, Two.

Chris, all.

Unfortunately, there are not enough people to have a full election.  There
are five people currently nominated, and default elected, to the board.
They are:  Klaus Schoening, Paul Sachs, Konrad Schmid, Luke McCLurg, and Joe
T.  If you check the Flier, it says five board members were required.  Two
of these would be selected to act as VP and Treasurer, the other three as
alternates.  We have five members.

Simply put, we can't allow constant rolling nominations.  Every nomination
takes up room in the Flier, and it is in its final stages, preparing to be
mailed out. So, it would take a complete reworking to put someone in.
Beyond that, there was a deadline, and it must be honoured.

Default elections are not a bad thing.  In a smaller organisation, it is
very often the norm.  These individuals were all nominated by others -- no
one nominated themselves.  Several of them were nominated multiple times.
They were the only nominations received.  If we had gotten six people
nominated to run for President, we would be forced to have a full election,
but only one was.  And, by luck, just the right number were nominated for
Board.  RR and I had discussed what would happen should minimal nominations
occur, and agreed that a default election would most likely occur.  I had
personally hoped for a bigger turn-out of nominations, but ... they didn't
come in.

Chris, I didn't hear you nominate any one else, or anyone before the 28th.
Indeed, if anyone is to blame for the small turn-out of nominations, it is
our membership.  Nominations were called for on a number of occassions, and
very few individuals made them.  I was quite flexible as to how they could
be sent in -- post dated by the 15th, e-mailed by the 28th (since snail mail
takes much longer to be delivered than e-mail), nominate yourself, nominate
others, nominate as many as you please.

Joshua.