NFC: Brook Silversides

I was working the banks of the Grand River (Michigan's largest) near Grand
Rapids with a kick net and captured for the first time, among other things, a
brook silversides (3 3/4"). What a fascinating fish! Every part of it seems
out of proportion compared to the various shiner and dace species I have
grown accustomed to. Has anyone out there had any success in keeping one? I'm
sure it would take live food if it had the chance, but with an upturned mouth
and a fairly timid disposition, it seems like this fish would need to be in a
specimen tank. Was it a mistake to keep this fish?

Regards,

Kevin DeVries

multipart/alternative
  text/html