From: "nickel55" <nickel55 at worldnet_att.net>
To: <nfc at actwin_com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 11:17 PM
Subject: NFC: fish euthanasia

                               I need to perform euthanasia on a fish, any
good humane methods. I read that putting the fish in a small container of
water and dropping in alka seltzer works, but I'm not sure. The fish isn't
sick, it was my fault, put it in my tank and it was bigger than the other
fish. Two days later my small, one inch sunny, was missing, and the new fish
was looking a little well fed. The fish in question is a sunfish, but the
closest ID I can come up with, was that it might be a green sunfish, bass
like jaw. It's about 3 and a half inches long, and he was starting to eye up
my darters. It's in a separte container right now, I can't keep it, hate to
really end his fish life but I guess I have to.    I guess there are green
sunfish here, Southeastern PA, caught in a small creek that feeds into the
Delaware river that is only a few hundred yards away.

Terry