Re: NFC: RE: Fw: Mystery Fish

I think I agree with Paul, it does look a lot like the freshwater drum
(supposedly the only drum that resides in fresh water)of the Missouri and
Mississippi River drainages...but it's about twice as large as that fish is
supposed to grow.

The sickle-shaped pectoral fin is kind of unique - unless it's a damaged
fin?  Also, the ventral fins are orange - I believe the freshwater drum's
are normally more-or-less colorless (never seen one alive, though, just
pictures).

It's hard to tell from the photos whether the fish has a spiny dorsal fin.
It looks like it might have...which would support the 'drum' theory.  The
head and tail are both very drum-like...could this be a new species of
freshwater drum?

Interesting...

Scott