Re: NFC: Re: Fishy Behaviour

One notion I haven't noticed here is the competitive advantage of eating
every egg possible.

In addition to extra nutrition, the eggs are highly unlikely to be from the
one doing the eating, if the fish are not highly territorial in the first
place.

Brood-guarding fish like Cichlids and Bettas often eat their own spawns when
conditions are bad, to conserve the energy. Egg scatterers, like tetras,
reduce competition for their own genes by always eating others' eggs.

Wright

--

                  Paranoids of the world arise!
                You have nothing to lose but your...