Re: NFC: Fw: The NFC Breeder's Club!

An addendum to my reply of the other day, if anyone
has either the NY variety of longeared sunfish, or the
mud sunfish I would be interested in several pairs of
each as the weather warms up. These two,plus the
Everglades pygmy, and the armagosa pupfish are my
primary wants.
I would consider other species of pupfish also. I like
them, spunky, lot of character whatever the species. I
kept two 15 gals going of a colony from the Columbus
Ohio Zoo back in the 70s. I reccommend them to anyone
who likes cichlids, I thought their habits
similar(except spawning).

We seem to be in a thaw now but, I would feel better
on shipping in a couple of months. I never
underestimate the ability of shippers to totally screw
up fish shipments.

There are LOTS of longears, but I am looking for the
one native to NYS, right now they are threatened and I
doubt any capture permit will be allowed. The mud
sunfish appears to be extirpated from NYS now.

BTW, in the current issue of TFH is a short article on
the Livebearers annual meeting in Detroit, and a tour
of the Belle Isle facility there where they have
maintained several extinct in the wild species.

I visited there years ago, antiquated, but still
functioning, and getting it done.
jake