Re: NFC: Grindal worms

Go to this website http://www.atchison.com/first.htm. They sell tons of deferent worm and insect cultures and give detailed instructions on keeping them.  I haven't tried it myself yet, but plan to real soon.  Let me know how it goes.

Scott

Kristine Weisbrod Massin wrote:

Has anyone here ever raised grindal worms? I'd like to feed some sort of
live food and these sound like something even I could culture.  (the daphnia
thing definitely didn't work out...way too high maintenance for me.) I want
something fairly low maintenance that I can not check for a day or two
without losing the culture (between several snake pairs mating & due to lay
any day, fish tanks, pets, houseplants, & husband, overlooking the cultures
for a day or two becomes pretty much a given).

Any suggestions for these guys, or other live food, would be appreciated.
It's needed to feed a 180 gal community tank w/ very young sunfish, and
adults of fathead minnows, redbelly dace, & orangethroated darters.  Of
course, I'll be offering flake food as well to any that will eat it.

thanks,
kris

By the way, is the NFC ever going to have an auction where native plants are
sold too? :)  (never underestimate the date that the lake will ice up when
planning for plant collecting...not that you folks in FL have to worry about
such things.  man, am i jealous!)
Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com