Re: NFC: BAITED - UNBAITED MINNOW TRAPS

In a message dated 7/23/00 3:07:20 PM US Central Standard Time,
zzzzzzbill at yahoo_com writes:

<<  I think the bait can then be a help in
 overcoming the visual fear of the trap . If I were
 specifically after some of the catfish tribe Id use
 bait but just about anything may end up in an unbaited
 trap overnight . >>

I suspect feeding activity in a trap attracts other fish.

Someone once told me sunfish are generally curious fish and that is one of
the reasones they enter unbaited traps.  I've had them enter in as little as
ten minutes.