Re: NFC: Shad

>  I have often wondered about Shad too. How about Lake Herring,
> Alewives (I know that they are not native)?
>
> Are shad very delicate fish, then, Martin? Don't like aquaria?

It's been a long time since I tried shad, but I seem to remember
they only last a few days, dash themselves to death against the
glass, and what have you.  I think they are grazers too and
wouldn't take regular foods.

They are common here but I haven't tried any because of my early
experiences with them.  Plus, they're not _terribly_ exciting as far
as aquarium fishes go.

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Follow-Ups: References: