[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #209
- To: Live-Foods at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #209
- From: spflume at gwdg_de (Stephan Pflume)
- Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 07:36:40 GMT
- In-Reply-To: <199809301958.PAA21039 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <199809301958.PAA21039 at acme_actwin.com>
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:58:02 -0400 (EDT), Owner-Live-Foods at actwin_com
(Live Foods Digest) wrote:
>The best food for all kinds of Daphnia is obviously free-living green
>algae and/or euglena, even though they increase pH, this is relatively
>easy to manage as Daphnia tend to be tolerant of high pH as long as there
>aren't high levels of ammonia.
According to my experience euglena seem to be too large to serve as
food for smaler species of water-fleas (eg. Ceriodaphnia).
Additionally I was not succsessful rearing Daphnia magna in very green
water with high insolation (may be caused by pH increase).
Abt. Vegetationskunde und Populationsbiologie
Wihlelm-Weber-Str 2. 37075 Goettingen