Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #209

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:58:02 -0400 (EDT), Owner-Live-Foods at actwin_com
(Live Foods Digest) wrote:

>The best food for all kinds of Daphnia is obviously free-living green
>algae and/or euglena, even though they increase pH, this is relatively
>easy to manage as Daphnia tend to be tolerant of high pH as long as there
>aren't high levels of ammonia.

According to my experience euglena seem to be too large to serve as
food for smaler species of water-fleas (eg. Ceriodaphnia).

Additionally I was not succsessful rearing Daphnia magna in very green
water with high insolation (may be caused by pH increase).

Stephan
--
Stephan Pflume
Abt. Vegetationskunde und Populationsbiologie