Re: Live Foods Digest V4 #53

Owner-Live-Foods at actwin_com writes:

<<
 Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 07:11:52 -0500
 From: "Norm Ruebsamen" <smstacey at execpc_com>
 Subject: Re: mosquito egg rafts

 Hi All,
 Recently there has been a lack of rain in our area and my mosquito tubs have
 more mosquito larvae than usual.  I would like to freeze the excess egg
 rafts and hatch them in green water this winter. Has anyone done this
 successfully.  Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

I have done this but the rafts don't need to be frozen just dried. Where I
live (in the south) freezing weather kills the eggs. If we don't get a few
hard freezes in the winter mosquitoes are much worse than when we don't have
at least couple of frosts.

Moon