mosquito egg rafts

Norm & Susan:

Long ago I may have tried just drying out rafts on blotting paper (possibly
sun-dried also?), then storing in small bottles which may have had some
absorbent cotton in them. Kept at room temp, no freezing at all for sure.
Details are very hazy, I was a pre-teen then, but seem to remember
collecting them no more than a couple of hours after they were laid, also
that they hatched OK a few weeks later, didn't follow up longer term. You
could try floating a couple of rafts two and four weeks or so after
colection and let us know if those pre-teen neurons actually hold any truth.
Too lazy to retry it myself, also there's a mosquito shortage in this part
of town.

Luck

Julio