NANFA-- Live food for the Aquarium

I am a new subscriber to the list and I am currently keeping some
North-American natives in an aquarium. I currently have Bluegills and
Perch along with a Catfish and I am looking to expand that with differnet
types of fish as time and budget allow. I like to try and feed my fish a
varied diet. I currently feed a mix of store-bought foods
(Cichlid/Goldfish/Carnivore) along with, Worms (Nightcrawlers & Red Worms),
Crickets, Frozen Krill, Minnows, Goldfish, Wax Worms and fish scraps from
our food preparation (my wife complains that they eat better then we do!).
The only draw back to all of this is that the food can get a little on the
expensive side. Especially the stuff like Krill. I already have a tank set
up to breed Guppies (because their sooo easy to breed) and was wondering if
there are any other suitable food stuffs, that I could  breed/raise myself.
How easy is it to breed Goldfish or Minnows or are there other fish that
work better? How about fresh water shrimp, like Ghost Shrimp or Frogs (for
the tadpoles) or Crawfish? What kind of requirements do any of these need
to breed and is it really worth it? If you are successfully breeding any of
these, please pass along how you do it.

Any assistance or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ty