Re:Spirulina

HI Raj,

I have made a mixture of spirulina, ALGAMAC 2000, APR, Asthathaxin and fed
this to fry (Pseudomugil cyanodorsalis) and they eat it (adults also).  I
have also mixed the powder with flake food and fed it to all of my adult
fish that eat flakes.  It does appear to enhance the colors in P. furcatus
and Aphyosemion elberti.

Also doing work with making a mixture of about 1/2 tsp each spirulina
powder, ALGAMAC, and baby food (sweet potatos) into a cup of water;
blended; and fed to the daphnia, rotifers, etc.  I suspect that Daphnia fed
high cartenoid pigment containing foods will also help to enhance the color
of the fish that they are fed to...

Work being done at UH Manoa seems to indicate that the rotifers can be
reared on a mixture of yeast and spirulina just fine.  Neat way to pack the
rotifers with goodies for the fish to eat also.

>Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 16:44:37 +0530
>From: Raj <ggrk at blr_vsnl.net.in>
>Subject: Spirulina
>
>    Any experiences with feeding spirulina powder to daphnia?
>Has anyone fed this powder to small fry?
>
>Cheers
>- --
>Raj, vu2zap
>Bangalore, South India
>http://members.xoom.com/ggrk/

Mach T. Fukada
AKA member 07778
fukada at aloha_net

MACh Tech,
Macintosh Computer and Agriculture/Aquaculture Consulting

Visit our friends at the Honolulu Aquarium Society
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/2948/HASF.html

Also see what awesome deals can be found at the Fish Shack
http://www.thefishshack.com/