Raising Brine Shrimp

Hi all,

I am new to the list and to the raising of live food as well. I raise African
Cichlids and am interested in raising brine shrimp (mainly the larvae) to
feed to my fish. I have read an article on the web about using bleach to
accelerating the decapsulation of the cyst. That is what I would then feed to
the fry correct?? I would also try to raise some to adulthood for my adult
fish and my goldfish. Is this a hard process?

I purchased an inexpensive kit that uses a 2 liter bottle for hatching and
some not so inexpensive O.S.I. eggs. Any tips that any one can provide would
be greatly appreciated.

If raising them to adults is too complicated, are the freeze-dried almost as
good? I read some where that the drying process does something to the shell
that makes them hard to digest. With cichlids being prone to intestinal
problems, I would hate to add another element to that dilema. I have some San
Francisco Bay brand in the freezer. Is that considered a good brand?

Thanks in advance for the help,

hut