archimedes at localink4_com: NANFA-- Collecting laws

From: archimedes at localink4_com
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- Collecting laws
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:30:34 +0000

I want to thank everyone who has responded so far to my request for
information about collecting laws.  There seems to be a large degree
of consistency from state to state, but I have one BIG question:  How
does the law treat guys like us who want to keep and study the
specimens we catch?  Amazingly enough, in some states you can seine
almost anything you want as long as you intend to use it as bait, but
if you actually want to keep it in an aquarium, it's " Katy Bar th'
Damn Door!"  Especially if it's a gamefish.  MOST especially if it's
a (hatchery raised) salmonid.

Any further info, debate, or moral dilemas?

Prost,

Martin
NA Native Fishes Resource Site:  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes
Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org