Re: duckweed

>Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:02:10 EST
>From: Katana98 at aol_com
>Subject: Duckweed
>
>I have duckweed invading every inch of the top of my aquarium.  The bad news
>is it's nact for mixing with the Riccia.  Anyone know how to get rid of it or
>should I get rid of everything on top including the Riccia?

David,

Sure you can get rid of duckweed. Take as much as you can out... use a net.
Turn the filter off so it isn't swirling around anywhere. Then start
picking out every little individual piece you see. You won't get them all
but everytime you go into the tank, pick out any little piece you see...
you have to get EVERYONE. I did it on two tanks. It works. Just be
diligent. And if you reintroduce it... pick it out right away.

Or you could get a duck! Goldfish will eat it too.

Olga
in Vancouver