RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1244

Dwight writes:

> What is the effect of black glass or backdrop, I had never seen one, and
this  morning for the first time I saw one in the shop.....

I have a black background on my 38 gallon community tank, and I find it
helps hide the wires and stuff hanging down the back (as already stated) and
keeps the view from the front focused on the tank rather than the green wall
behind it! :) Also, since a fair amount of the stuff that hangs
-inside- the tank also tends to be black or darker colored, it helps to hide
those also. I also think the black gives a certain "dimensionality" (for
lack of a better word) to the tank- it looks almost like the view just
recedes into a dark distance, rather than ending with a glare of glass (and
green paint). Once the plants grow out a bit more, I think that effect will
be enhanced.

-Mak
New Hampshire, USA

Am I getting smart with you?  ...How would you know?

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
                          --Ash, 'Army of Darkness'