[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Potassium toxicity

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, ChazzHess wrote:

> I didn't think about the possibility of
> potassium toxicity for my fish and I'm wondering if this is a possibility.  I
> figure I added about 17 ppm K20 at a 5 ppm N dosage.  Anyone out there know
> at what levels potassium becomes toxic to freshwater fish?

Potassium isn't toxic to fish at any level where you would still call your
water fresh.  From some calculations I did long ago it appears that at
least some of the commercial fertilizer preparations will give you 20 ppm
K (about 24 ppm K2O) or more when used as directed.

Roger Miller