[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cyperus helferi
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Cyperus helferi
- From: "Louis Lin" <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:17:47 -0400
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) "Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #963" (Apr 11, 3:48pm)
- References: <199904111948.PAA04449 at acme_actwin.com>
I've been growing Cyperus helferi for a couple of years.
My experience of it is C. helferi is a rather easy plant,
but is slow growing and can be easily covered with green spot
The tank is a 90 gallon with six 40W tubes and CO2 injection.
The six tubes are with poor reflectors. KH and GH are both
around 5 degrees.
Trimming: I've tried cutting it once in the middle (height
wise) and it works.
Propogation: I split the plant from the root (the way people
usually split Amazon swords). Since the plant is slow
growing, I only have four from the original two.
C. helferi is an interesting alternative to large vals.