Pruning and trimming.

Karen wrote:
>>it has had to do with menot being as good a pruner/divider as I am a
grower<<

I'm so relieved to hear you say that! :)  In my case, I think it comes from
so many years of not being able to grow anything in an aquarium, and then
finally achieving success and having rampant, rapid growth of EVERYTHING in
the aquarium.  I still find it difficult to cut the plants back even when
they are obviously becoming weeds, though I have noticed that once a tank
has reached a certain level of "packedness", growth definitely slows and
algae seems to start appearing.

Gotta shake that "Oooo, look! It grew a leaf!" mentality, I guess :-)

Darren