And add dash of .....

Harvey Schneider wrote:

>For those of us who have not yet developed the judgement, what do you mean
by a small
>amount?

If it's a little tank (20g or less) start with a 1/4 tsp.  If it's a bigger
tank you can use proportionately more.  You don't need to add a lot to see
if the plants will respond.  I don't think it would hurt the fish one way
or the other, but I usually dissolve it in a small amount of water first,
and pour it in.

Luca mentioned that you can determine the amount of magnesium by
subtracting the amount of calcium from the GH.  I have never seen a test
kit specifically for calcium.  Who makes them?

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association