Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #621

<< Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 05:40:13 EST
 From: TomWood3 at aol_com
 Subject: Discus and Metal Halides in a planted tank

 Hi All,

 I'm considering setting up a planted Discus tank that will be 48x24x30 deep.
 Because of the added depth, I'd like to use metal halide lights.  George
Booth
 comments in his website that his Discus seemed spooked by the metal halides
 and hid a lot.  Does anyone else have similar or contradicting experience?

 Thanks,

 Tom

Hi Tom,

I have a tank of the same size with metal halide lighting. I have it heavily
planted, mostly with various Echinodorus species, and the discus who call it
home seem to love it. They are neither shy or reclusive and spend most of
their time eagerly awaiting their next meal in the brightest part of the tank.

E-mail me if you want more info.

Lars