Ways to kill fish

>Expensive mistake. A real heartbreaker. Don't rely on cheap heaters.
>Peter O'Dwyer jnr
>odwyerpw at bluecorp_com
>www.bluecorp.com

Actually, I don't think it's the price, but the extra wattage and/or the age
of the heater.  I had the same nightmare happen once -- adult malawis,
probably $500-600 worth.  I forget the size of the heater, but it was an
Ebo-Jager that was a few years old.  Spiked up to 95 degrees, lost all the
fish.  Now, we only keep heaters that will barely do the job.  So if it
busts, the temperature can't spike too high.

Another frightening thought -- I was in the LFS a few days ago, and a woman
was trying to find out what disease could have killed all her fish at once.
Turns out, she had used hair spray as she walked past the tank.

Alysoun McLaughlin
Wheaton, Maryland