lighting (again)

I have 2 VHO flourescent lights running off of an Icecap 660.  Boy, are
these things spendy =:o
I know the threads have been run before (ad nauseum) about various lighting
alternatives.  Does anyone have the time to bottom line it for me?  I want
to stick with the Icecap.  I can keep 2 72" bulbs, or go with the 4 24" and
I'll get more endcaps.  Is there a way that I can keep the output of a VHO?
My tank is 6' long, 125g, heavily planted with plants that appreciate light.
Please advise.  Thank you, Kes