Bulbs

> from my reading of the archives, it sounds like GE's Sunshine bulbs are
> preferred to their Plant and Aquarium bulbs.  Is this the prevailing
> wisdom?  I think they were like $7 each, compared to $5 for the Plant
> and Aquarium bulbs.

I use four 36" bulbs on my 55 gallon tank.  Two of them are GE Sunshine
bulbs and two are Sylvania Widespectrum Plant bulbs.

At least here in Texas they are all $6 or so at the local Walmart or
Lowes.  I don't like the GE Aquarium bulbs due to the way they light the
tank.  Sylvania probably generates the same light, but I try not
to notice.
TV