RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #433

> From: Marie-Andree Lemieux <webdsign at malem_com>
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #432
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Searchin through the archive, I realized Fe test kits have been discussed
> and experienced. I just bought a Sera FE test kits wich constantly
> indicates 0 (even with the water of a glass containing PMDD to turn the
> water slighly yellow). I guess it is either not good for Chelated Iron or
> expired.
>
> Does someone use the Sera Fe test with succes?

No - I had trouble with that one as well.

> and mostly. I wanted to get the results for the experimentations.
> Wich test
> kit is the most reliable one?

I use the LaMotte kit and it works well for me.  Other people here report
good results with the Hach kit.  Those two seem to be the only two that
consistently do well for iron.

> Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:35:17 -0700 (MST)
> From: "Roger S. Miller" <rgrmill at rt66_com>
> Subject: Re: optimum CO2 levels
>
> Steve Amor wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > So, what I want to know is how the Dupla CO2 indicator works.
> At what ppm
> > is it supposed to turn green?  Is something in my water inhibiting its'
> > function?  Like I said, it has NEVER changed colour, which (according to
> > the instructions) means the CO2 concentration is less than 'optimal'.
> >

> I suppose that the indicator turns green at the CO2 level defined as
> "optimal" in The Optimum Aquarium.  I don't recall exactly what that value
> is but I'm sure someone else on the list can provide it.  I do recall
> thinking that their optimal level was high.

I seem to recall at te beginning of this thread that the pH was "7.4+",
because 7.4 was the highest reading that this the test kit used could
report.  People seem to be rsponding as though he said =7.4.  Seems to me he
might just as easily be at 8.2, which would explain why his CO2 is
registering.

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir