Re: R. macrandra light levels

>Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 19:10:48 -0400
>From: krandall at world_std.com
>Subject: R. macrandra light levels

>>it's the only thing that hasn't grown.  Generic Rotala (R. indica,
>>I think), Hygro, Jungle Val, two sp. Anubius, Crypt wendtii, narrow
>>chain sword and some Melon-sword-like sword are all doing nicely.
>>(Although the Val grows way too fast!)
>>Did my R. macrandra have *too* much light?  Other ideas?
>its growth with strong light.  I suspect that it would be the first of the
>plants you mentioned to show a nutrient deficiency.
I don't know about that, especially with the other plants he has in the
tank. It's very true that Rotala is a _VERY_ fast growing plant with that
light but if Rotala Indica and Hygrophila have enough nutrients, also
Macranda should have enough to grow.

Sincerely,
Luca Specchio
                \ |
                _\|_
              .' '.' '.        ___     BYE from Luca
            _.|.--.--.|.___.--'___`-.  and his little Goofy !:-))
              |_|   |_|
               `.`-'.'