More on Red Plants

Hi,

I know recent discussion on the redness of red plants
meanders between intensity and spectrum.

I'm not sure it is pertinent but this weekend I was reminded
that the Japanese maple tree will display its most intense red in
a shaded environment.

Is there someone with knowledge of both aquatic and tree
leaf chlorophyll which could add something here recognizing
that the Japanese maple desires shade to achieve its red?
For lack of understanding I am tempted to suggest perhaps the
requirements for red plants are species specific and we should
shy from general conclusions about  _all_  red plants.

Thanks
Christopher Coleman
christopher.coleman at worldnet_att.net