lighting

		Hi All,
	I have a question on lighting. I recently got a ballast for
what I thought to be for 3  40 watt FT12s but it is actually for
34 watters.My tank is 55 gal. The water column will be appox. 16 in. deep. Is
this enough light or should I trade these out for a system of VHO with 2  110
watt bulbs
or is that too much light. I am told that our Gov. in it's infinite wisdom has
decided to end production of 40 watt ballasts and 3 bulb ballasts are no
longer available for 40 watts. HELP