[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: sodium bicarbonate/sodium carbonate
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: sodium bicarbonate/sodium carbonate
- From: "Louis Lin" <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:27:03 -0500
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) "Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #123" (Mar 6, 10:55am)
- References: <199803061555.KAA07765 at acme_actwin.com>
> What are the pros and cons of using sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) vs.
> sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) to regulate carbonate hardness? Does it
> matter one way or the other? Does either one affect the efficacy of the
Although both will raise carbonate hardness, sodium carbonate will
raise the pH a lot higher than sodium bicarbonate when initially
administrated. For this reason, I don't think it's a good idea
to use sodium carbonate alone to raise carbonate hardness.