Water Temperature

	Hi, I am just starting my very first tank (29 gal; 60 watts of
light) and I just got a plant assortment from Aquarium Driftwood.  I was
wondering, is there a one good temperature to keep assorted plants at?

	On a similar note, my heater and thermometer show a temperature
difference of about 6 degrees (thermometer shows a higher temp).  Since
the heater is a 26 dollar brand name vs. the 2 dollar thermometer, I'm
inclined to believe the heater.  My question is, is there an aquarium
thermometer that has a reputation for accuracy?

	On yet another similar note, Radio Shack is selling digital
indoor/outdoor thermometers for about 12 bucks.  I was thinking of using
it as a water thermometer.  Has anyone tried this?

	Thanks.

	(My current setup has cost me a bit under $550 with plants and
all.  Is that ridiculously high?  I have a Eheim setup, which accounts
for a good chunk of the cost.  Sigh.)

	Hari.