Re:Bleach treatment question

>From: Stephen Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
>Subject: Re: Bleach treatment Question

>.....Paul has also described bleaching aquarium gravel however I was not able
>to get the bleach out after hours of rinsing. It didn't turn out to be
>cost effective in terms of effort. My water is very soft so maybe that
>had something to do with not being able to neutralize the bleach.

My water is soft, too, but I rinse a few times and drain the gravel and let
it sit.  The odor of bleach soon changes to a kind of "burnt match" sulfur
odor, and then the gravel is all right to use.  I usually let it dry out to
be on the safe side.

Paul Krombholz, in central Mississippi where it is still clear and cool!
Whatever happened to El Nino?