Liebig Minimum Law

My recent experience with K shortages in my tanks have got me thinking
about the "Liebig Minimum Law" which is stated in TOA as "Plant growth is
determined by the one factor that is present at a minimum."

This is not what I experienced - my tanks have been very short of potassium
relative to other elements, and yet my plant growth has been strong (just
not healthy.)

Am I mis-understanding The Liebig Mimimum Law, or is it flawed?

Frank.

-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir