No Subject

I'm doing a science project for with my son on growing
algae.  I wanted to use Sodium Biphosphate (pH Down)
made by Wardley to accelerate the growth.
I thought it would be easy to mix up a batch with water
to reach a known concentration by knowning the chemical
formula and the atomic weights of each element.
However, I tried looking up the formula in several references but
couldn't find it!!

 I can make a guess, Sodium Bicarbonate is NaHCO3.

Would Sodium Biphosphate be (in ASCII without subscripts)

           (2Na)HPO4 or Na(2H)PO4  ???

Please respond for this is driving me nuts.

Another question that I'm curious about.  Why do they call
Baking soda = Sodium Bicarbonate when there's only one Carbon atom
in the formula? I thought Bi meant two; there's no "2" in NaHCO3.

Ron Wozniak  Allentown PA, USA
rjwozniak at lucent_com