how long to recover from K+ deficiency

Can anyone tell me how quickly fast growing plants (hygro. etc.) can be
expected to recover from potassium deficiency once potassium levels are
raised?

I suspected K+ deficiency since my H. polysperma has showed little growth
and has developed brown spots on the older leaves.  I also have lower leaf
loss on bacopa and ludwigia repens.  My  dwarf sags are very pale and the
leaves have started "shredding", the tissue between the veins is
dissolving.  E. blehri shows no signs of deficiency.  I've added extra
K2SO4, in addition to the regular doses of pmdd.  If this sounds like
something other than K+ deficiency I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Adeana