Re: BGA vs. Green Spot

Jeff Kropp wrote:

> I have also noticed some links amongst these two pests but not measured
> correlated water parameters. When green spots mysteriously disappear blue
> greens begin to appear. However, I have never seen  my ottos eat either
> they seem to prefer soft green fuzz and brown scum.

Jeff,

I find that if I let the green spot grow to a point, the center area
becomes *really* soft.  This is eaten out, leaving a "doughnut" shaped
algae ring.  If it's not the Ottos, someone else in the tank is really
enjoying it.  Doesn't really matter to me who it is.  :)

Cheers,

Mark
------
pearlsco at u_washington.edu
How much does a fish need a bicycle like a man needs... ?